WITH ADVENTURE holidays on the rise, the wild side of St Lucia is set to become a popular holiday choice. According to Thomson and First Choice, holidaymakers want to take advantage of adventure-filled holidays, with four in ten men and more than a third of women admitting to feeling more adventurous on a long-haul trip.
Cap Maison, a luxury boutique resort & spa, offers the perfect location to experience some of St Lucia’s best adventures, whilst getting up close and personal to the island’s fascinating species.
The family-operated resort is located on the northernmost tip of St Lucia in Cap Estate, one of the most exclusive areas on the island. Guests are treated to dramatic cliff scenery with the tranquil waters of the Caribbean Sea on one side and the brisk Atlantic Ocean to the other. Designed in an elegant Spanish Caribbean style, Cap Maison’s 49 beautifully appointed suites are spread over three acres of tropical landscaped grounds. Guests have access to a pretty, secluded sandy beach and enjoy a truly bespoke service throughout their stay.
With Cap Maison located just five minutes from Rodney Bay, guests can easily explore the marine life and coral reefs of St Lucia at Scuba Steve’s Diving centre. Exploring the north side of the island, divers will spot the same tropical reef fish seen in the Marine Reserve on the south of the island, and also much larger species including turtles, rays and Great Barracuda.
The best time to see Leatherback Turtles is between April and September, which can be found on the north side of St Lucia. The island also boasts six endemic bird species, including the island’s national bird, the St Lucia (Jacquot) Parrot, and the St Lucia Pewee.
- Hiking on Pigeon Island whilst taking in the views of the island’s striking northwest coastline and Martinique
- Zip lining through the treetops of St Lucia’s unspoilt tropical rainforest
- Segway up Mount Pimard with tours departing from Gros Islet, just a short distance from Cap Maison
- Snuba, a combination of scuba diving and snorkelling, ideal for those with limited diving experience
- Going on a whale and dolphin watching tour, which operate year-round on the island.
A garden view room at Cap Maison starts from £275 per night on a B&B basis (two sharing).
www.capmaison.com; 020 8977 6099